Has anyone else had a new gup called 'jira-users' added their Jira OnDemand instance?

james kemp February 23, 2014

We have the defaul 'users' group, but recently a new group called Jira-users has been added by Jira, which has most but not all members included. I think it's messing with access for some people.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2014

Actually, Jira-users is one of the three standard off-the-shelf groups for Jira. So, I'd normally be tempted to tell you that you've removed Jira users in the past, and someone has added it back in.

But, Atlassian is currently working on the user management side of things, so you may have been affected by their changes. Although I wouldn't expect them to implement a change like this without warning, and certainly not if it's going to affect your current usage.

I'd check your "global permissions" page immediately to see if you can work out how/why it's messing with access, and then check the permission schemes and projec roles too, to see if it's used there.

I'd recommend raising this with OnDemand support if you can't establish what's happening though.

james kemp February 23, 2014

Thanks Nic. It does look like I've got two general user groups now: 'users' and 'jiea users' with log in permission restricted to the latter. Damn!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2014

If it's working for you, you might want to stick with it. I'd be tempted to ask Atlassian what's going on though, if you're sure you (or rather, one of your other admins) didn't set it up!

Suggest an answer