Has anyone configured WSJF in JIRA Portfolio as a column? If so, how?

Samuel Karp March 9, 2017

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Callies
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2017

I haven't gotten this to work although I'd very much like to.  I created a Scripted Field using the ScriptRunner plugin to calculate the WSJF based on criteria specified in other custom fields of an issue.  It works great!  Alas, Portfolio won't display it because it isn't a type that Portfolio supports.

I'm not sure why Portfolio can't just display any JIRA field using standard JIRA UI mechanisms.  It seems like there are still a lot of ways that Portfolio isn't fully integrated with JIRA post-acquisition.  It's got a ton of potential, but needs polishing so it fits seamlessly with the core product.

0 votes
Samuel Karp March 30, 2017

Thanks @Peter Callies, I came across a similar solution using the Calculated Number Field add on in JIRA and also learned that is not supported by JIRA portfolio. Although clunky, I created a custom number field in which I manually copy over the calculated WSJF value for each issue so I at least can have that view in Portfolio. Completely agree that there is a lot of potential for Portfolio and hope they fix this soon. 

Suggest an answer