Has anyone configured WSJF in JIRA Portfolio as a column? If so, how?

2 answers

1 accepted

I haven't gotten this to work although I'd very much like to.  I created a Scripted Field using the ScriptRunner plugin to calculate the WSJF based on criteria specified in other custom fields of an issue.  It works great!  Alas, Portfolio won't display it because it isn't a type that Portfolio supports.

I'm not sure why Portfolio can't just display any JIRA field using standard JIRA UI mechanisms.  It seems like there are still a lot of ways that Portfolio isn't fully integrated with JIRA post-acquisition.  It's got a ton of potential, but needs polishing so it fits seamlessly with the core product.

Thanks @Peter Callies, I came across a similar solution using the Calculated Number Field add on in JIRA and also learned that is not supported by JIRA portfolio. Although clunky, I created a custom number field in which I manually copy over the calculated WSJF value for each issue so I at least can have that view in Portfolio. Completely agree that there is a lot of potential for Portfolio and hope they fix this soon. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

151 views 4 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you