Has a date been set to correct the inability to csv import stories linked to an epic?

Melissa Thornton October 2, 2014

I am on 6.2.2.  My import csv file has a column for epic name.  The epic gets created and it creates the epic name.  However, on later rows i have stories and there is an  'epic link' column in the csv file.  The value in the epic link column is the epic name created earlier in the import.  However, the value for the epic name is  not populating into the epic link field when the story is created.  I read on the board that there were bugs but it seemed to imply in some instances that this was fixed.

I really need this feature.  Is it planned for a release?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2014

Have you found (or asked for) a fix for this problem on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA ?  

The prioritisation of issues in there may not work for us end-users, and there are (big, sweeping) changes Atlassian develop that do not show up in the list, but unless this is logged there, it's not going to get done.  If it is logged there, then you should be able to follow the schedule.  It won't get a fixed date, but if it is going to get dealt with, you should find it gets a fix-version which you can monitor.

If you can't find an issue that matches, then you should definitely create one!

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

Have you tried to import the rest of the CSV (without the Epic) with "Epic Link" filled in? I'm curious to see if it would then work, since the Epic would have already been created. I'm interested in figuring out if JIRA imports CSVs all at once or line-by-line.

Suggest an answer