Has Jira Training been updated to coincide with the UI update?

My company are interested in paying for team training through here - https://training.atlassian.com/?_ga=2.119760264.162778610.1508774962-239069688.1506333767 - However I want to make sure that training is still relevant before doing so.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote

The training needs to cover all the Atlassian options, so it does not look at the UI a lot.  Server Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket/etc is different from Cloud, but the training needs to enable people to use both.

Any training you do will be relevant.  But if it's based on Server versions, you will need to encourage your attendees to ask how the new Cloud ?UI lets them get to the same functions.

Perfect, thank you!

Hi Nic, 

Out of curiosity, do you know if the videos themselves have been updated recently?

Thanks

0 vote

The self-paced tutorials are not updated yet for the Cloud. It's scheduled for early 2018. What Nick said above also applies to the tutorials - the concepts and best practices they cover are the same regardless of platform, so there is much value in the content even if some of the functionality is not up to date.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

144 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you