Hardware recommendations for multiple apps on a single server

Support April 26, 2018

I am a system admin for a small company (20 employees) and we have recently purchased Jira servicedesk, Confluence and Bitbucket. Our usage is all internal so only 20 users and we don't have a lot of tickets, pages or commits (less than the "small" size on all of their recommendation sheets). I wanted to get your input on what hardware specs should be for a server that will house Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

Dear @Support,

* memory: about 1-2 Gb for each app. So with 6-8 Gb you should be fine

* disk space: with 1 Gb per app you are pretty fine for the beginning, as long as you do not plan to store huge attachments. This will grow by time. So with a standard 100Gb SSD you are pretty fine.

* CPU: 4 cores are fine.

If you plan to install the database on the same system, then you can increase everything a little bit. Fast disks and fast CPU are the key for a good performance.

As the apps are using tomcat don't forget to modify for at least two of the apps the SESSIONID. Otherwise the apps get confused if you open them in a parallel within the browser.

So long

Thomas

Support April 26, 2018

Thank you for the answer, we use a a SAN for our Volumes so I was looking at two 512MB SSDs for onboard storage.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

You mean 512Gb, or?

Support April 26, 2018

Wow, my brain is in multiple places, sorry. Yes 2 mirrored 512GB SSDs.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2018

Yes, that's far enough!

Suggest an answer