Hardware & Database capacity requirement for Jira+Zephyr+Confluence+Zagile

hitech bob July 2, 2013

I am planning for Jira+Zephyr+Confluence+Zagile combination with MySQL (freeware - community version) with 25 concurrent users, 20 projects having 10,000 issues and 25,000 test cases, 5000 Selenium scripts. Please let me know Hardware configuration (processor, RAM, memory space etc.) of a window server and approximate disk space required for this.

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

Hi Bob,

I'm starting to repeat myself, but I'm hunting for an answer so I can help!

Which Zephyr test management product are you talking about? You could be talking about Zephyr for JIRA or the Zephyr Enterprise Edition.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

That's a massively hard question to answer. Are you talking VM's or physical? Everything on the same server, or different. Number of scripts and issues are really not helping much because there isn't any detail about how complext they are. I could have 1 issue that takes 1 k of overall space or 10meg. It's hard to say.

I can't make hardware requirements recomendations other this an architecture:

Avoid using Windows if you can. You'll find patches, restarts, virus scanning to be a hassle and upset your overall stability. In two past lives, dealing with issues of stability, things were greatly improved by switching from Windows Server to Linux due to the requirements imposed by IT. You may not have a way to work around their requirements.

You'll want two architectures. One for atlassian products and one for the others. Have an n +1 for your app servers for Atlassian products. They virtualize well and can be co-housed easily. I would say you'll want at least 4 cores and 16 gigs of RAM at that point. You'll want a seperate mySQL server for Atlassian stuff from the others as well. Think of them as two stacks and take a look at their requirements. Having seperate stacks allows you to prevent significant hardware/resource impacts on each other and gives you growing room.

Suggest an answer