Handling of Requirements in Jira - SW Development

Corinna February 11, 2016

Hello , one general question. What is advantage of JIRA handling Requirements in contrast to Doors ? I know this is very general but we have a big discussion about this right now

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

I'm not familiar with the Doors application but we chose JIRA because of it's flexibility and the ability for integrations with other tools as well. We use it for everything, from Requirements, SDLC, Agile, Simple Issue Tracker, Risk Management, CI/CD, Test Cases, Cooking, Parking, designing a t-shirt etc...

manjunatha k r February 17, 2016

Can you please share more information on how JIRA can be used for Risk Management and Test Cases, Requirements? 

It helps us to use JIRA for the same.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2016

For a Risk Management type of project, I just created a 4 step workflow (Assess > Mitigate > Monitor > Action etc...) something like that and created custom fields which will hold key information.

For Test Cases. We started at JIRA Agile's "Epic" feature and treat is as a High Level requirement. We then use "Story" to track the work then sub-tasks type of "Test Case". This way, there will be a clear traceability and straight forward hierarchy.

Suggest an answer