Handle multiple projects

M September 24, 2013

Hello,

I plan to use Jira to manage multiple independents projects for a company.

For each project, i have 5 tabs for analysis with specific gadgets.

If i manage 10 projects, it will makes 10*5 tabs = 50 !!

How can i handle this point without put the mess in the tabs?

Thanks in advance.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2013

The tabs on there are each a "dashboard" which you've added or chosen from the list of available shares.

You can deselect them or add more.

Problem is, I don't know what more you can do, if you've got 50 of these dashboards and you need them all, then you need them, that's it. Personally, I'd try to merge some of them - grab the bits you actually need from each project and create your own dashboard, then deselect the rest, but I'm not sure that's the problem at all!

0 votes
M September 24, 2013

Yeah, it is more a question of organization than a product question, so thanks both for your useful help !

Regards

0 votes
M September 24, 2013

Yes, the fact is that we need detailled informations for each project, maybe i have to create more summarize tabs for the boss and detailled tabs for project manager. If he need a detailled view, he can select detailled tab. Anyway thanks, i think there is no other solution.

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2013

Like Nic mentioned, you would probably need to create some personal dashboard which catered for different category of gadgets with meaningful filters then share to the project manager. That should help to reduce some favourite dashboards in the view. :)

0 votes
M September 24, 2013

Hi there,

I mean when you go to the dashboard menu, you have several tabs on the left which are your favorite dashboard. For one project, i follow several group of dashboard ( tab here), for ex : planning, meeting; activities; documents and so one.. Hope i'm clear..

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2013

Hey Manu, what did you meant by tabs? Did you referring the tabs as different kind of dashboard?

Suggest an answer