Handle Multiple private Service Desk

Simon December 14, 2017

Hi

I set up multiple Jira Service Desk projects for each customer. A customer has it's own service desk and we add the customers to the portal. We manage the user and every user should only see his Service Desk Portal.

(Who can raise requests? Customers who are added to the project)

Additionaly it should be possible, that a user without an account can raise a request via e-mail. A new ticket should be generatet and the service desk agent can communicate with comments. if the customer reply to the email it adds it in the comments. 

My question:

How can I have multiple service desk projects, which are all "private" for other customers and also do the user managemt, but on the other hand allow everyone who has the email address to raise a request to this specific e-mail address? 

Thank you and Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2017

Hi Simon, 

You need to set up another service desk project and configure its customer permissions so that anyone can raise requests in it. 

That way you'll have one "public" service desk which will be accessible by anyone and multiple "private" ones which only added customers can access.

Simon December 14, 2017

Hi Ivan

Thank you for the quick reply.

I also thought about this solution, but the in this case would every customer see this public service desk beside his own service desk. The goal is, that every user has only 1 service desk with its own email queue. And the second problem would be, that I can provide only 1 email address to the customers. 

In this case there is no feasible solution?
Maybe there is a add-on which could solve this problem? 

Thank you and regards

Suggest an answer