HTTP error before end of send, stop sending

James Youngman April 29, 2013

I am using the example code to upload an attachment to JIRA and I get this error. Does anybody know what this means?

8 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
James Youngman April 30, 2013

I can't believe it. A stupid user error. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Thank you Tim.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

It's /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/attachments not attachment (unless its a different in another API http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/5.2.11/#id167094).

0 votes
James Youngman May 5, 2013

This is closed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2013

You close these by marking one or more answers as correct. I'd recommend your "user error" one :-)

0 votes

* HTTP error before end of send, stop sending

<

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><status><status-code>404</status-code><message>null for uri: http://10.24

9.88.155/jira/rest/api/2/issue/SR-2320/attachment</message></status>* Closing connection 0

0 votes

Here is the code:

curl.exe -D- -v -u xxxx:xxxx -X POST -H "X-Atlassian-Token: nocheck" -F "file=@c:\\logs\\AIFDBScripts.zip" http://mysite/jira/rest/api/2/issue/SR-2414/attachment

The error is: HTTP error before end of send, stop sending

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

Are you sure that this is the only response? What is the respond code?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2013

What error?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2013

Which example code?

Although, that error usually means your network has failed for some reason - pulling a network cable, proxy server not letting you in, packet loss etc.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2013

Which example code?

Although, that error usually means your network has failed for some reason - pulling a network cable, proxy server not letting you in, packet loss etc.

Suggest an answer