• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • HTTP Status 500 - org.ofbiz.core.util.GeneralRuntimeException: Could not determine database type. (File input/output error: java.io.IOException: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: Unexpected token: )

HTTP Status 500 - org.ofbiz.core.util.GeneralRuntimeException: Could not determine database type. (File input/output error: java.io.IOException: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: Unexpected token: )

I have restart my computer and get "

HTTP Status 500 - org.ofbiz.core.util.GeneralRuntimeException: Could not determine database type. (File input/output error: java.io.IOException: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: Unexpected token: )

" message. What would be the problem?

Best regards...

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Most likely answer is that your Jira was not shut down cleanly, and the database file was damaged. Or a plugin you were working on did some damage to the data and it's been picked up on restarting.

You might be able to rescue it with direct edits of the database file if you know what it damaged, but as it's a development environment, restoring from older data or starting with a fresh clean dataset is probably the better approach.

Thank you Nik.

steel can't open JIRA HTTP Status 500 - Could not determine database type. (File input/output error: java.io.IOException: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: Unexpected token: )

It's the same answer - you've got a damaged database file, and you should probably just dig up a backup, or start again with a clean one.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

47 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you