HTML in read only Text Field is escaped after Upgrade to JIRA 7.1.4

Michel Pittelkow May 2, 2016

Hi there,

recently we upgraded to JIRA Software 7.1.4 with JSD 3.1.4.

I just recognized, that one of my groovy script filled fields are not displayed correctly anymore.

The field I am using is of type "Text Field (read only)".

The link is not formatted as html tag anymore and is displayed as raw text, see example below:

<a href="/browse/DESK-790?jql=project%20%3D%20DESK%20and%20reporter%20%3D%20%22yildira1%22%20and%20key%20%21%3D%20%22DESK-976%22%20and%20status%20in%20(Erledigt%2C%20Resolved)%20and%20issuetype%20%3D%20%22St%C3%B6rungsmeldung%22">Geschlossene Vorgänge</a>

This worked prior to upgrading from 6.4.8 to 7.1.4.

Is there any way to get this working again?

Thank you and best regards

Michel

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2016

I don't think this is a ScriptRunner issue. I don't know what plugin provides that field, but it looks like they've (sensibly) decided to escape the HTML, to avoid XSRF attacks.

You could use a regular text field and set the renderer to wiki markup, then write the link using JIRA wiki markup.

0 votes
Michel Pittelkow May 2, 2016

Thank you Jamie,

the Atlassian support told me, that they do not support the groovy scripts.

The field is an original JIRA field type. The Scriptrunner support told me, that this is the way how JIRA 7 works.

As a workaround, I should set the renderer to wiki markup and set the value with the regarding tag like:

[Description | link]

Suggest an answer