HTML formatted custom field values not showing up in searches

Chris JP August 11, 2013

I have created a cusotm field with the values in a a drop list consisting of;

• In Progress
  • Approved
  • Declined
  • Restricted

I've added HTML colour formatting to the values e.g. - <font color ="Green">Approved</font color> this shows up as intended in the issue pages with the colour formatting intact.

However when searching, and adding filters to the search to narrow down the results to just those containing one of the the predefined values, the results cannot be found.....

project = "Methods & Tools" AND component = "New Tool Request" AND issuetype in (Task, Sub-task) AND "Tool Request Status" = Approved

The option 'Approved' for field 'Tool Request Status' does not exist.

If i remove the HTML fromt he values the filtered search shows the desired resutls - but obviously the colours associated with the values are lost.

I'm looking to see if there's a way to keep the formatting and still be able to bring up the search results? ideally without the need of a plug in.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2013

Hi Chris,

We have some custom fields with HTML as well, you will need to add the HTML code in the JQL search as well to get the results. Here's an exemple:

project = TEST and "Sub Issue Type" = "<span 04 style='background-color: rgb(255, 156, 0); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);'><b>New Request</b></span>"

0 votes
Kybosha January 5, 2014

Thanks - that's perfect!

Suggest an answer