HOW TO REPORT REPORT IN CUSTOM WAY

Vicky December 18, 2019

Hi 

I like to know how to export data form my Jira Project 

currently i only have this . but i want export more data . like pending record the time of each ticket raise 

any way i can do ?

jiraa.JPG

3 answers

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2019

Hey there @Vicky ,

Natively in Jira there is a transitions tab on each issue but that is not useful for high level reporting and is more of a one issue at a time review option. You can see the time in status for individual transitions there and if you are looking for more detailed reporting on this, it  is going to be better suited to the various marketplace apps that extend this tracking metric.

However there are a couple native to Jira options that might help out in part to get you started.

To get the time in status of the full project Natively in jira cloud there is a dashboard gadget called "Average Time In Status"  that can be used to show the average time spent on the selected statuses for issues that are resolved with a resolution set on the same day.  There is also a "Average Age Gadget" that displays a bar chart of the average number of days that issues have been unresolved. Additionally the "Pie Chart Gadget" can group issue statistics by status and compare against the creation date, not quite the time in a specific status but more of an overall count of what issues are in a status.  I recomend checking out the gadgets to see if these would be the kind of report you are looking for. More details on dashboard Gadgets can be seen here:

Another option if it's detailed data exports that you are looking for to put together custom reports based on the jira data, I would recomend looking at the recently released and free google sheets extension Atlassian put together that allows you to link a google sheet directly to your jira cloud instance and run custom JQL using a =jira() command in the spreadsheet to pull in live data from the system.

Details on the tool can be seen here:

And per your use case the the Time an issue was in a specific status is not directly output to a field, so you cannot query for that value directly using JQL and relying on marketplace apps is the best solution there, but you can define JQL to pull out issue that were in a specific status during various time periods so you can narrow down data sets by periodic intervals in statuses.

As a referance point a full detailed listing of JQL values can be seen in the Documentation at "Advanced searching" , and then check out the following community Post where I have given another user a good example with a few examples of using the Jira for Sheets integration to query on date ranges for statuses to get you started if you want this type of reporting option:

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2019

Hi @Vicky 

You can try these great apps for controlling time spends and monitoring the project's workflow:

Data from all these add-ons are available for export.

Hope it helps

0 votes
Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

Hi @Vicky 

Welcome to Community !

With help of the third app called Time in Status https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/time-in-status?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
you will be able to report how much each issue is spent on each status, each assignee or each group.

Thanks,
Manisha

Suggest an answer