HOW TO EXCLUDE issues in an epic (JQL)

HI

I want to exclude issues which are part of a certain epic in my filter query. how do i do it.

I know i can search issues in an epic using, epic link=ABC-123 but how do i exclude issues in a certain epic.

It seems, epic link !=ABC-123 or epic link NOT IN (ABC-123)

does not seem to work.

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Using "not" with epic links only seems to return issue where the epic link is not empty. So you have to do something like this:

not ("Epic Link" = ABC-3769) or "Epic Link" is empty and (backlog query)

yes that worked, i add this to the JQL AND("Epic Link" is null OR "Epic Link"!=ABC-123). Thanks Jamie.

Tried this (just the 'not "Epic LInk" = ABC-3769' to filter out / hide all items in that epic, but it keeps over-filtering (grabs tickets that are in a different epic). I had the same issue with "Epic Link" != ABC-3769.

Any way to get around what appears to be a weird bug?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you