HELP!!! Why see just me in dropdown list in assignee field when I create an issue?

Stepan Nesterov July 3, 2012

Why see just me in assignee field when I create an issue?

- 5 users are defined in roles for project

- Browse users is set for Anyone

- Assign permissions are set for Anyone

- Use standard workflow 'jira'

What is the problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stepan Nesterov October 9, 2012

Closed in new version

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2012

Assign permissions = can assign issue to someone

Assignee permissions = can be assigned an issue (by anyone with the permission above)

Two separate things in the permission schemes - check those first and get back to us if your roles are in the second one!

Stepan Nesterov July 4, 2012

I have following permissions:

Assign Issues
Ability to assign issues to other people.
  • Group (Anyone)
Assignable User
Users with this permission may be assigned to issues.
  • Group (Anyone)
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2012

Hmm. Then that should work. I have a slight doubt about the "anyone" working though - I think because it's a concept rather than a physical list of people, it might not actually be being parsed.

Could you try adding the group jira-users, or a role that other people are in, as well as "anyone"

Stepan Nesterov July 4, 2012

Have tried to change to Group/Role/Single User - result is the same!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2012

Bother. I'm not sure then.

... actually, one other idea. Could you visit Administration -> Global permissions? (On later versions, that'll be Admin -> Users -> Global permissions).

Look for who has "browse users" permission. Make sure you have it and retry the assign.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

who is the default assignee ? or is the default assignee the project lead and you are the project lead ?

Suggest an answer