H tags no longer format text correctly -- how do I open a bug ticket for this ?

Aaron Simkin January 8, 2018

H tags no longer format text correctly.

they look ok in preview but lose formatting when saved.

(they worked correctly in the past.)

how do I open a bug ticket for this ?

jira-bug.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hi Aaron,

I noticed similar behavior when I created an H2 tag and it looked like the text shrunk considerably, however, when I create an H1, H2 and H3 tag as well as add regular text to compare I can clearly see the difference in text size:

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 2.15.37 PM.png

Test that out for me and create an H1, H2 and H3 and regular text in the same comment, save it and let me know the result.  If you do get the same size for each post a screenshot and this is a Cloud instance let me know and the instance URL and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Aaron Simkin January 9, 2018

Thanks for the follow-up Branden !

Yes you are correct -- the tags do create differences in the text, it is just that the differences are no longer as pronounced as they once were. The preview still looks like the good ol' headings I am used to and hoping for, but once rendered the difference between h2 and regular bold text is not noticeable.

Can this be corrected ?
(Fwiw, we are at https://sportspay.atlassian.net)

In the meantime I will take direction from your comment and use h1 instead of h2 ;-)

jira-bug2.png

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

I checked with the Cloud Engineers and what we found was when you use the New JIRA Experience it does get smaller than if you go back to using the old style of JIRA.

They don't believe it's a bug, rather it came about with the change to the AUI.  At this point I would recommend creating a Feature Request on JAC in the Atlassian Cloud project for the Preview and the Rendered text to be the same size.

If you do that please post a link to the ticket here so the Community can vote on it and add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

here is a link to the ticket
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-10423

thanks for the help !

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2018

No worries.  Thanks for adding the link and I've voted.

Aaron Simkin August 8, 2018

fwiw, this issue noted in this ticket still exists and also appears on the pop-up version of the ticket that opens in sprint view. So now there are two places that use the old styles and only one that uses the new styles. Might be easier to revert to old styles so all will be consistent in the new UI. As a product guy, me likely consistency. Thank you.

0 votes

oops, meant to "reply" not answer

Suggest an answer