Groups of Customer Projects

Pablo Fernandez February 7, 2020

Hi Everyone

In Jira I want create a set of project by customer. I.e I want a customer with general information and inside of this a set of project about this customer. It is possible?

How I configure this?

Thanks for their answers

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

JIRA doesn't support nested or parent/child projects, which is what it sounds like you want. 

You can separate them by only giving users permission to set of projects. 

Pablo Fernandez February 11, 2020

Thanks Joe,

I will try explain me better.

For example I have a custormer, such as Microsoft, and this customer have many projects. Can I have a main customer and inside I can attach several projects of this customer?

In my job, We have several projects from one customer and I don't know how put this in Jira without repeat common information such as: contact info, VPN data, etc

Thank you for your time
Best regards

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2020

You define projects (workflows, issues, etc.). Then you give users permissions to projects. 

Project and users have no connection except by giving users permission to projects. It sounds like you're looking at JIRA as a user based tool that has projects assigned to it. 

Suggest an answer