Groups-Roles Information lost after migrating to Delegated LDAP Authentication

Arthur Dent November 19, 2012

Hi there,

we currently have a Jira with an internal database running. Now we want to handle the authentication via our ActiveDirectory.

I've set everything up and the connection works great. However if I log in with my account and my AD-Password all my group info is lost. I just got the jira-users group because I stated that each user should have this.

How can I manage to maintain all the groups/roles someone has? If I check my account in the user browser it looks like this before i changed to :

UserId Name Groups

brn842 Brian B {several}

Then I changed the order of the directory servers (first Delegated LDAP-Access), logged in with my user and now it looks like this:

UserId Name Groups

BRN842 Brian B jira-users

As you see the UserID changed to Uppercase (i didn't login with an uppercase username. Could be coming from the AD.

So..Anyone can help me how I could maintain all the groups/roles of the users?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2012

Hi Arthur,

If you're using JIRA 5.1 or later, once you've created a new user directory with the type Internal with LDAP authentication, you will have an option to allow you to migrate the internal user to the new user directory.

If not, in JIRA 5.0 or earlier, this is currently not possible except running some speical database query, but again the user name need to be 100% idem between the internal user directory and the AD user directory.

Cheers

Arthur Dent November 25, 2012

Thanks. This was the problem. Perhaps you should hightlight this feature a little bit more, since it is easily lost

Suggest an answer