Grouping incidents in JIRA Service Desk

Pchamoli April 29, 2015

I am evaluating Service Desk funcionality, I already have JIRA in my company but I want to know how Jira Service Desk can group a number of incidents with the same type. For example: An error message that appears when a user tries to print a sales report, 15 people have created issues in JIRA, but I want to group them using this structure: System / Module / Error description. This way I can create statistics about what errors (or problems) have more incidents registered in JIRA.

Is there any way to configure that in JIRA Service Desk?

2 answers

0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

Hey Pchamoli,

you mean to group your queues in a more graphic way with these structure ?
Like in the screenshot?
 Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-26 um 11.41.55.png 

If yes this would just be subqueues:
Unassigned -  assignee is empty

↳ Bugs - assignee is empty and issuetype = bug 
If you want to "fake" a structure like this you just have to use the arrow symbol in the queue name.

BR
Simon 

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2015

Hi there!

If you have custom fields configured to handle these properties, you could use the Issue Navigator to group issues per value of the custom field and, if you need to have the search result saved, you can create filters.

In this case, I recommend using Advanced Search to run a JQL query like the one below:

System = Windows AND Module = Browser AND Error = "Failure to launch"

Hopefully that will help you achieve what you need.

--
Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer