Groupes / Roles shared between 4 projects (which correspond to 4 domains of our business unit)

Christophe Leite August 11, 2013

Hello

I created 4 projects on JIRA (which correspond to 4 distinct domains of our business unit.

I created my issuetypes,myscreens,myfields,and my workflow (we tried to standardize as much as possible in order touse it for the 4 projects).

For these projects, we kept in mind to limit ourselves to 2 categories of roles:

‘askers’ and ‘executors’. I thus created these 2 roles. In fact, we would wish, as far as possible, to have a population of users (with an ‘askers’ role) role the broadest (all users being potentially concerned). While the people in charge of the issues would at most limit of number to about ten people, for each project or perimeter.

With this intention:

- I hoped to use basicjira-usersgroup, to which I will allow a ‘askers’ role

- I had started to create groups GRP_ACTORS_1,GRP_ACTORS_2,GRP_ACTORS_3 and GRP_ACTORS_4 for each project,and affected the role‘executors’at them (but the members of these groups are members of jira-users too). Until now, I had succeeded in sharing my workflow between these 4 various projects. But it is finally on the level of the transitions that does not function any more. Because on my conditions, I test the role of the person connected in order to know if it can or not use the transition. And considering I allow the role ‘executors’ to each of the 4 groups above, the members of GRP_ACTORS1 and the members of GRP_ACTORS2, for example, can make the same thing on an issue (at a transition level I mean). Then, in reality, I would wish for example that only the member of GRP_ACTORS1 be able to do something. The member of GRP_ACTORS2 could reach the same issue, but just to read it, nothing else.

My needs:

- I would like to make so that the population of the users of‘asker’ role is broadest possible. And that the ‘asker’ role will be defined, by default, for each user repatriated from directory LDAP.

- That the members of the groups to which are assign the issues,are the only ones to be able to act on these issues.

The others, those pertaining to other groups, could just accede to the issue (they could only read them), but should not be able to make another thing. (We would not need at all to configure the issue security system )

Questions:

1- is -possibleto share same a workflow between several projects?

2 -in the Atlassian documentation, I read that the groups had a general range within JIRA,and that roles were related to each project? is it really that ?

3 -is it possible for us to function contrary,with groups related to each project,and general roles within JIRA?

Thank you very much

2 answers

0 votes
Christophe Leite August 19, 2013

According to you, does it seem possible to work with the default jira-users, jira-developers and jira-developers groups, giving them an askers or actor role by project ? or is it a better (or only) way to create specific groups for the 'askers' and the 'actors', broken down by projects?

0 votes
Christophe Leite August 18, 2013

Any idea ?

Suggest an answer