Group usage in Cloud?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: View, create, or delete a group

This article mentions that before you delete a group, it is a good idea to: "Check whether the group is being used by any permission schemes, email notification schemes, issue security levels, or saved filters."

When I view a particular group in our JIRA Cloud instance, no usage information is displayed.  Is there another way to get this information before I delete a group?

1 answer

HI Alex,

In standard JIRA it is easy:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-identify-group-usage-in-jira-441221524.html

In cloud you can always create a dummy user and add him to groups which you would like to check. I don't know more sophisticated method to check it in cloud JIRA.

Regards

How would adding a dummy user help me check how the group is being used?  I'm looking to see if the group is being used by any permission schemes, email notification schemes, issue security levels, or saved filters.

If you add a dummy user to a group, you can see, via the "View Jira Project Roles" in the User Management screen for the dummy user, which project roles it has inherited for each project. This doesn't show you which email notification schemes, issue security levels, or saved filters the group is being used by, but it does give you some information about which projects are associated with the group and is a starting point.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

415 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you