It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Group usage in Cloud?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: View, create, or delete a group

This article mentions that before you delete a group, it is a good idea to: "Check whether the group is being used by any permission schemes, email notification schemes, issue security levels, or saved filters."

When I view a particular group in our JIRA Cloud instance, no usage information is displayed.  Is there another way to get this information before I delete a group?

2 answers

HI Alex,

In standard JIRA it is easy:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-identify-group-usage-in-jira-441221524.html

In cloud you can always create a dummy user and add him to groups which you would like to check. I don't know more sophisticated method to check it in cloud JIRA.

Regards

How would adding a dummy user help me check how the group is being used?  I'm looking to see if the group is being used by any permission schemes, email notification schemes, issue security levels, or saved filters.

If you add a dummy user to a group, you can see, via the "View Jira Project Roles" in the User Management screen for the dummy user, which project roles it has inherited for each project. This doesn't show you which email notification schemes, issue security levels, or saved filters the group is being used by, but it does give you some information about which projects are associated with the group and is a starting point.

This is not currently supported by Atlassian in Cloud, which is very frustrating. I'd recommend voting for the issue to gain support: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-36740

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you