Group on components across multiple projects?

Andrew October 5, 2017

Hello,
   I have two projects in Jira and am looking to build EazyBI reports that group on the components. Right now I get the component showing multiple times (once for each project). Is there a way to group components with the same name across projects so that I can see the sum? The wording is the same, and I want to group them all together in a table similar to below:

Current table:
Component Name          Issues Created
Component A                 4
Component A                 5

I would like to have:
Component Name          Issues Created
Component A                 9

Any thoughts?  Let me know if more details are required.  Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2017

Hi, Andrew,

Note that Component is already imported in eazyBI into "Projects" dimension as one of hierarchy levels. Therefore each component is tied to the "Project" and when there is a component with the same name in multiple projects it will be listed two times.

However, you could create a new calculated member in "Project" dimension to aggregate components with the same name (regardless of Project where this component belongs to).

Try the following code:

Aggregate(
Filter(
[Project].[Component].Members,
[Project].CurrentMember.Name Matches 'Component A'
)
)

Then you could use this new calculated member in your eazyBI report and results would be grouped.

calculated member example.png

Another way would be importing "Component" as a separate dimension in eazyBI which could be used as a separate filter.

If you have further questions please reach out to  support@eazybi.com and share more details on your requirement.

Martins / eazyBI support team

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

@Andrew, not too sure on how many EazyBI customers view the Community questions.  I would open a support request with the vendor here: https://eazybi.com/contact.  I bet they could help you the quickest.

pd

Suggest an answer