Group membership of common users

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

Hi

I am trying project import on jira and came across an issue reg. group memberships.

Say a user did not exist in the destination jira instance, then project import will automatically create the user and assign all group memberships to it.

But , my problem is that there is a user which existed in both source and destination however the group memberships were different on both instances.

As the user already existed jira project import did not assign any group membership to the user when it migrated the project data.

This resulted in having a user who could no longer access the project and perform other functions as he did not have necessary group memberships.

I have hundreds of such common users and manually replicating their group memberships is going to take me a lot of time.

Is there a easy way of assigning the group memberships of such common users?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

How about using the JellyScripts to add these users to their groups. I often use the MS excel VLOOKUP formula and Jelly, which saves a lot of time.

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.JiraTagLib">
<jira:AddUserToGroup username="new-user" 
                group-name="new-group"/>
</JiraJelly>

Suggest an answer