Group jira-users does not exist

Grigoriy Silantyev August 3, 2014

I try to configure delegated LDAP authentication on Jira 6.1.5 and OpenLDAP with copy users on first login to jira-users group. But, when I try to login with test users credential I get follow error in jira.log:

http-bio-8080-exec-23 ERROR anonymous 588x193x1 k8cuo2 192.168.50.1,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /login.jsp [core.event.listener.AutoGroupAdderListener] Could not auto add user to group: Group <jira-users> does not exist
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.GroupNotFoundException: Group <jira-users> does not exist
	at com.atlassian.jira.crowd.embedded.ofbiz.OfBizGroupDao.findByName(OfBizGroupDao.java:87)
	at com.atlassian.jira.crowd.embedded.ofbiz.OfBizGroupDao.findByName(OfBizGroupDao.java:41)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.AbstractInternalDirectory.findGroupByName(AbstractInternalDirectory.java:701)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DelegatedAuthenticationDirectory.findGroupByName(DelegatedAuthenticationDirectory.java:748)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectoryManagerGeneric.findGroupByName(DirectoryManagerGeneric.java:518)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectoryManagerGeneric.addUserToGroup(DirectoryManagerGeneric.java:752)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.core.event.listener.AutoGroupAdderListener.handleEvent(AutoGroupAdderListener.java:100)
	at com.atlassian.crowd.core.event.listener.AutoGroupAdderListener.handleEvent(AutoGroupAdderListener.java:56)  <+3> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Grigoriy Silantyev August 4, 2014

Thanks Pedro, I already resolve my issue by manually create jira-users directory in cwd_directory table.

1 vote
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2014

Hello,

Try to manually add the users to jira-users group, see if you will face the same error.

This KB might be related:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Group+does+not+exist+error+when+adding+a+user+to+Group

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Suggest an answer