Group filters

Ramon Radnoci April 19, 2017

The initial problem is that the Components view is not configurable and shows resolved issues too. 

I have created an issue filter for each component as a solution, that filters out issues having resolution=unresolved. 

So far so good, but now when we have ended up in a large amount of filters. I want to manage them in some way, for instance having the possibility to put filters in folders. 

I have not found a way to do so. Is there any plugin that can solve that which I have missed? 

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2017

Hi Ramon,

Sorry, I don't know of a plugin to help you categorize filters.  

But I did want to ask you about your "resolution = unresolved" comment.  Do you actually have a selection value called "unresolved"?  If you do I'd remove that.  JIRA treats any value in the Resolution field as "resolved."  That may be why your filters are returning unexpected results or "not actually resolved" issues are showing with a strikethrough in dashboards.

Instead, your query should be "resolution is empty".

I feel your pain on too many filters though!  Have you thought of creating shared filters?  Sometimes I log into a role (generic) account, just for the purpose of creating filters there.  I don't love that idea either, but sometimes it's better than locking them away in my personal account.  When they're in my personal account, only an application admin could possibly edit them (using ownership change tools in the JIRA Admin Console.) 

Cheers,

Rachel Wright

Ramon Radnoci April 24, 2017

Hi Rachel, 

I have the following resolutions: Done, Won't Do, Duplicate, Cannot Reproduce. 

Thanks, I have now updated the issue filters to "resolution is empty", even though they did show the same result before.

I referred to the built-in components view in JIRA. We have imported data from Trac and that view shows issues where Resolution=Unresolved. 

Kind regards,

Ramon

Suggest an answer