Group can not be deleted because of the following problem

Bernardo San Juan June 30, 2014

Hi,

In our Jira OnDemand instance we have two very similar groups that lead to to confussion. One of them is the "jira-users" the other one is "users". I do not recall what is the default group that comes with the standard settings of Jira. The group that any Jira user should be placed in. Could you tell me? Is is the "jira-users" or is it "users"?

I am trying to delete the "users" group in our instance, I have made sure that both "users" an "jira-users" have exactly the same people inside. I have also reviewed all the settings (permissions schemes, Notifications and so on) so that when I delete any of the groups there are no surprises. However , I a m missing something. When I try to delete the group "users" I get the following message:

Delete group

users cannot be deleted because of the following problems

<form id="group-delete" class="aui top-label" style="margin: 20px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; color: #333333; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px;" action="https://epages.atlassian.net/admin/rest/um/1/group?groupname=users" method="post">

JIRA

• You must specify a group to move comments/worklogs to.

My question is, where do I have to go to specify the new group to move comments/workloads to?

Cheers

</form>

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2014

jira-users is the default group new users are put in and has logon rights.

Bernardo San Juan July 1, 2014

Many thks Joe,

Now I know that I can delete the "users" groups, however, when I try to delete it, I get the following message:

"users cannot be deleted because of the following problems. You must specify a group to move comments/worklogs to."

Can anybody tell me where do I have to click in orther to set "jira-users" group as the the group to move comments/Worlogs to??

Cheers

Suggest an answer