We are setting up Jira 6.2. I have read a lot about Groups, Roles, Projects and Permission Schemes.
- We have a bunch of users (not yet everybody)
- Each user is in a group (not yet everybody)
- Our Projects are the parts of the organisation (all set with a Project Lead in it)
I am testing how the permission schemes works, but I get stuck:
1. Create a project role for a specific project, e.g. Test1: UserA on Project1 but not UserB. (In the future this will e a group of users)
2. Configure a new permission scheme: I copied the default and added the Project Role in step 1 to Browse Projects.
3. Associate the persmisson scheme to Project1.
4. Tested with the 2 users and Yes it worked!
I did the whole thing again for Project2, but now with
Test2: UserB on Project2 but not UserA. (So, that's the opposite)
This because I'm gonna have 8 Projects and therefore(?) 8 Groups.
But now both users can't see any of the 2 projects.
And putting both the Project Roles at that Browse-option doens't seem to do the trick either
1. How is this possible?
2. I understood that you don't need permission schemes for each project and you should get it worked fine with the default scheme and Global Permissions, but I don't understand how I should do it then. I just want the users in the Groups to see the Project the Group is assigned to.
Ok, step back and do the basics.
First, let's say you have 8 projects, and 8 groups of users - i.e. one group per project
The most simple way to handle this is:
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs