Group Viewers, but they can still comment...

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2014

Hello,

I'd like to have all my users as a viewer for Project Servicedesk, so they can see what happens to their issue. I've created a Test-user and added him to the Group Viewers. In the Permission Scheme of Project Servicedesk I have added them tot the permission "Browse Project".

When I logged in it worked, but I also could add a comment to an issue. I don't want that. Where and how do I set this up?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2014

As I said, I ONLY added Browse Project....

But you did get me thinking: in the Create Comment-Permission, I had set there the group JIRA-users and probably that's it.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2014

Hi Vera,

You should remove that group of users from the Create Comment permission in your permission scheme.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer