Group User JIRA workflow validator

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2014

Hi Community.

I am looking for a practice (or plugin) in which at certain workflow transition, a user is selected at the transition screen, and once before transitioning the issue to its next state, jira must validate that the selected user belongs to a group. I want to know how to implement this.

Regards

2 answers

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

Hi,

You can do a validator for group check using the script runner plugin.

Use the validator Scripted Validator -> "Simple Scripted Validator" -> put the code in condition box and message that is to be displayed when condition is not true.

There is already a example for reporter not in group. You can modifiy reporter to the field you want to check the user from.

Vijay

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2014

Hi Darly,

You may implement a User Is In Group condition in the workflow, following the instructions on the document below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Danilo

Suggest an answer