Group Sign-Off plugin - How to disable voting once issue is transited to Approved/Rejected state

Purandhar Krishnamurthy May 24, 2015

Hi,

I would like to know how to disable voting once the issue is transited to specific (say Approved/Rejected) state. For example,

• Initially the issue is waiting for approvals and in a state called ‘Waiting for Approval’
  • After user votes, issue is signed-off and issue state is transited to ‘Approved’ state, I want to disable the users from voting and/or changing their votes. Similarly, after enough votes have voted to ‘decline’ and issue is moved to ‘Declined’ state, I want to disable the users from voting or changing their votes.

Thanks,
Pratik

2 answers

0 votes
Purandhar Krishnamurthy May 25, 2015

Hi Joao,

Thanks for the reply. I think you are talking about jira's inbuilt voting feature. I was asking about group-signoff plugin.

Thanks,
Purandhar

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2015

Hi Purandhar!

You can achieve this with the built-in properties in JIRA's workflows. To add this property, do the following:

1. Go to AdministrationIssuesWorkflows;
  2. Click Edit on the right of the workflow you use for the project you want to have this property added;
  3. On the right step you want to deny voting, click View Properties;
  4. Add jira.permission.vote.denied on the Property Key field;
  5. Click Add;
  6. Go back to the screen with the steps;
  7. Click Publish Draft on the top of the page;
  8. Save the modified workflow;

Now users shouldn't be able to vote on issues that are on that step.

--
Cheers!

Joao

Suggest an answer