Group Sign-Off plugin - How to disable voting once issue is transited to Approved/Rejected state

Hi,

I would like to know how to disable voting once the issue is transited to specific (say Approved/Rejected) state. For example,

• Initially the issue is waiting for approvals and in a state called ‘Waiting for Approval’
  • After user votes, issue is signed-off and issue state is transited to ‘Approved’ state, I want to disable the users from voting and/or changing their votes. Similarly, after enough votes have voted to ‘decline’ and issue is moved to ‘Declined’ state, I want to disable the users from voting or changing their votes.

Thanks,
Pratik

2 answers

Hi Purandhar!

You can achieve this with the built-in properties in JIRA's workflows. To add this property, do the following:

1. Go to AdministrationIssuesWorkflows;
  2. Click Edit on the right of the workflow you use for the project you want to have this property added;
  3. On the right step you want to deny voting, click View Properties;
  4. Add jira.permission.vote.denied on the Property Key field;
  5. Click Add;
  6. Go back to the screen with the steps;
  7. Click Publish Draft on the top of the page;
  8. Save the modified workflow;

Now users shouldn't be able to vote on issues that are on that step.

--
Cheers!

Joao

Hi Joao,

Thanks for the reply. I think you are talking about jira's inbuilt voting feature. I was asking about group-signoff plugin.

Thanks,
Purandhar

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

765 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you