This is not a BITBUCKET or JIRA administrator level request - this is for an AVERAGE user.
What i describe here is what I saw at a previous employer- they used this method to join various GROUPs - Access to things could be granted via specific user NAME or By way of GROUP name. The GROUP name also served as a mailing list name. It was VERY helpful and VERY useful.
I want three things - this is for JIRA and BITBUCKET and CONFLUENCE
As a *NON*ADMIN* user - I should be able to - and need this feature:
REQUEST (A) you have today a LIST OF PEOPLE - with mug shots.
What is MISSING and I want you to add is a list of GROUPS the person belongs to.
When displaying the list of groups -
OPTION 1 - show them in TWO lists: (Group 1) groups that we SHARE in common (I belong and they belong) and (Group 2) list of groups that they belong to, and I do not belong to.
OR - OPTION 2 - Lists the groups in multiple columns - IF that person AND myself BOTH belong to the same group THEN show the group name in BOLD, ELSE show the group name in NORMAL text.
I should be able to CLICK on any group and see the details of the group.
REQUEST (B) What is MISSING is a means to LIST OF GROUPS with descriptions.
(This should be right below or next to the VIEW PEOPLE item)
This can be shown in two ways:
OPTION 1 - As two separate lists - (group 1) the list of groups that I belong to, and (group 2) the list of groups that I do not belong to.
OR OPTION 2 - If i am a member of that group THEN display the name in BOLD, ELSE show the group name in NORMAL.
REQUEST (C) When displaying a group (something you do not have)
Minimally - List the *OWNER* of the group and contact information for that person.
BETTER - It would be great if groups could be self administering.
1) A CLICK button LEAVE a group,
2) A CLICK button to JOIN a group - Some groups might be "automatic-approval"
3) A CLICK button to REQUEST (from the owner) to JOIN the group.
This is a HUGE problem every repo effectively has to have everybody added manually because we do not have a simple means to answer these questions
Average (non-admin) user need to be able to determine:
1) Please show a list of [security] group names.
2) Please show a membership list for Group (NAME)
3) Who is the OWNER or MANAGER or ADMIN of Group(NAME) [So I can request membership]
4) Person (X) has access, Person (Y) needs access (effectively Person(Y) needs to be added to some Group(NAME) - but I don't know who owns the group. I don't know if it is the correct group or not, Having answers to (1/2/3) above would solve this.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events