Group Field Configuration

Aamer Inam: M-3521 October 13, 2014

Hi, 

I have added one field "Group" on the screen. When I open the issue on a default view screen, it does not open but when i edit it, i can see the field. I added resolution on default screen and user can edit it but unlike group field it does not show up .I believe i have taken same steps . Steps I followed are:

Add field

Add this on screen

add field configuration for specific project

I am looking forward to a solution that help me show group field on the view issue screen and user can edit this field.

Thanks, 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

In your view screen only fields which have a value will be displayed. Empty fields will never show up. On the other side when you edit the issue all fields on the edit screen will be displayed. Adding a value to an empty field will result in displaying that field on the view screen (if it is part of the view screen).

Actually what I am doing is that group value is not defined when issues are created. Once issues are created we check issue by issue and assign it to the respective user group and then group lead / team lead of that team assign it further to the team members. I just wanted to give ease to the users that they could choose group on the view issue screen (in this case this field has no value) . This can be done by clicking edit button and group can be chosen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2014

That is what Udo is saying - you have no data in the field to begin with, so the field does not appear on the view screen. After you edit the field and put something in, the field is visible on the view screen. It's working as intended.

Thanks a lot @Nic Brough

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

Thanks for clarifying, Nic

0 votes
Maud Schlich October 14, 2014

Hi,

what about adding another value "Group not yet assigned" as default value? That could possibly help.

Regards,

Maud

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2014

You may check the following points:

1. Go to custom field and make sure that the field is available in your project and the issue type you are using
  2. Go to the screen scheme which is mapped to your project and issue type and check if the field is available on the screens mapped to view and edit issue action.

It is available in both custom field and also mapped on the screen. Actually I am using default screen and field is available on it. secondly I want to see this field when i view the issue. I did this for resolution field and when i mapped it , i can change the value from view screen . I can do this for Group field when i click Edit button .

Suggest an answer