Group Bulk Edit error when deleting a user added from import

Shaun Johnston July 22, 2015

Hi,

We have loaded a bunch of issues into a project from a csv file, and one of the columns in the csv file contained multiple user ids separated by a comma (eg: aaa,bbb,ccc) and we mapped that column to a custom field in the project that is a 'User Picker (multiple users)' type of field.   This works great in the project – you can go into an issue and see the multiple users in the custom field, and their full names are displayed. 

The problem is that the entire string from the csv column 'aaa,bbb,ccc' was added as a single user to the group jira-users.  This artificially increases our user count in JIRA and we've hit our license max of users.  Also, if I try to delete these users from the jira-users group, I get an error "The group 'aaa,bbb,jira-users' is not a valid group."  Weirdly the error message substitutes the last user's initials in that string with 'jira-users' instead – this happens for all the 'extra' users in the jira-users group that have a comma in them.

Does anyone know how I can remove these users from the jira-users group?

Also, is there a way I can tell JIRA to not add users from that column in the csv to the jira-users group?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shaun Johnston August 5, 2015

Hi,

I got the answer from JIRA technical help.

All I did was delete the users from JIRA, rather than trying to remove them from the group jira-users.

Suggest an answer