Groovy scripts not working after Jira Upgrade to 7.0

Fli pi October 8, 2015

I've just upgraded to JIRA 7 my JIRA 6.4 yesterday and today I've installed Script Runner Plugin for this JIRA version, but my already set up Groovy Scripts configured on Workflow transitions (i.e. clone issue or setup due date) stopped working ¿why?

2 answers

1 vote
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2015

Hi ,

Can you confirm that you have installed Script Runner Plugin for this JIRA version 4.1.4 ? If yes i would highly suggest you to raised this question using the plugin's vendor's label here for further assitance:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/topics/754139/addon-com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Regards,

Adrian Stephen

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2015

I'd also describe the scripts you're using and how: If they're the internal ones that Jamie's team have tested, then it's likely to be a config problem or possibly a bug If they're scripts you have written, then the most likely explanation is that you've got code that is only valid for the Jira 6.4 API and not the 7.0 stuff, and they'll need updating. (A lot has changed, I hear)

Fli pi October 13, 2015

Adrian, I can confirm I've installed Script Runner Plugin 4.1.4 (the first day) and 4.2.0 today and the same problem persist, I've raised my question as you suggest. Nic, the scripts failing are the internal ones, for example, the clone issue, I've configured it on a workflow transition, the transition happens, the state is changed, but the new issue is not created (it worked ok till the upgrade to Script Runner Plugin 4.1.4). Just tested another groovy script I wrote in another transition setting due date to today + 28 days and it works ok. Thanks, Alicia

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2015

Ok, I'd raise this at http://www.adaptavist.com/w/products-plugins/adaptavist-scriptrunner/scriptrunner-for-jira/ - Jamie's team do monitor Answers and try to help out here, but they don't always pick up all the potential questions.

Fli pi October 15, 2015

Done, Log trace sent and waiting for response, I've seen at least one more user has reported here same problem here.

0 votes
Teja September 21, 2017

Hi,

The latest version of Script runner 5.1.6 is not working for Jira 7.2.9 v.

What would be the issues?

In my case, we have upgraded to Jira 7.2.9 from Jira 7.0.2 and the script runner plugin got upgraded to 5.1.6 automatically, at that time user could not able to create issues in Jira and then we had to degrade the script runner plugin to 5.0.1. and was working fine.

Thanks in advance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2017

the most likely explanation is that you've got code that is only valid for the Jira 5 API and not the 7 stuff, and they'll need updating

Deleted user October 4, 2017

Hi Nic, 

We have also upgraded Script Runner from 5.0.1 to 5.1.6 and had the same Problems and needed to again degrade to 5.0.1.

For Information: ( Jira Software 7.3 and Service Desk 3.3.2) 

There are problems running one Script which is used in PostFuntion in a one of the Workflow. Where it says the error as 

"Could not load class 'com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyFunctionPlugin"

The Versions of Jira Software as well as Service Desk are not changed ( Jira Software 7.3 and Service Desk 3.3.2) since the script is written. But with Script Runner update there are problems. Looks like the Script needs to be changed ?? 

Also I could not figure out the error that we were unable to create Issues. "Error creating issue:
com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: Could not load FunctionProvider class" is what I see in Logs. But only one of the Service Desk Project had this issue creation Problem. 

The Software Projects which we have were all unimpacted and also the other Service Desk Projects.

Can you guide, what can be done to resolve it? 

Thanks in advance.

PreetiD

Deleted user October 4, 2017

I could figure out that the Issue creation problem for one of the Service Desk is due to a Script written on PostFunction of Create Event. 

With downgrade everything is fine as of now, but would like to understand what changes are required in Scripts to make them work with 5.1.6 Script Runner Version.

Thanks again.

PreetiD

Suggest an answer