Groovy script - Auto comment based on time.

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013

Hi All,

I'm trying to add a comment to issue when an issue transition happens at a specific time (between 8:30 to 10:00) in a day. Below my script,

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManager
import com.opensymphony.workflow.WorkflowContext
import org.apache.log4j.Category

def date = new Date()
def formattedDate = date.format('hh:mm')
log.info (formattedDate)

SNGStart = "8:30"

log.info (SNGStart)

SNGEnd = "10:00"

log.info (SNGEnd)

if (formattedDate > "SNGStart" && formattedDate < "SNGEnd" ) {

String currentUser = "jira-admin"
commmgr = (CommentManager) ComponentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(CommentManager.class)
commmgr.create(issue, currentUser, "Comment automatically generated!! (test)", true)
issue.store()
}

There is no error on logs but not getting excepted result. Could you please help me to correct this one?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

3 answers

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2013
0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Additionally make sure, your postfunction is the last postfunction in the list, after the issue is created. You don't need to call issue.store(), a commentManager.create() is enough to create the comment.

It's always a good idea to include logging in your scripts to see what's happening. You could write

log.debug "Current date matches."

or similar to see if your script does what you expect. Make sure you set the log level to debug before that.

import org.apache.log4j.Level
log.setLevel(Level.DEBUG)

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

You should create a transition which works with Date objects. Currently you're trying to use Strings to compare times, that's not a good idea.

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Can you please guide me how it is? Currently I'm running this script at create transition.

Suggest an answer