Groovy post script to set assignee based on cutom field

Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2015

I am new to this and I have looked at several examples I have tried to tweak one that I think will work for what I need done but not sure if I did it right.

We have a custom filed called Work Unit (customfiled ID of 13270) It has two options Outreach & Online Education (Option ID 13880) and Undergraduate Admissions (Option ID 13881)

What I want is when a ticket comes in with the Work Unit set to Outreach & Online Education I want the Assignee to be set as user talismasupport, if it comes in as Undergraduate Admissions I want the Assignee to be uaosupport.

This is what I have but I don't think it is right.

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.ModifiedValue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DefaultIssueChangeHolder
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.IssueChangeHolder

ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()
CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = componentManager.getCustomFieldManager()
IssueManager issueManager = componentManager.getIssueManager()

CustomField srcField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(customfiled_13270).find {it.name == "CustomField"}

cfwt = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customfiled_13270)

if (cfwt == "Outreach & Online Education"){
            issue.setAssignee(ComponentManager.instance.userUtil.getUserObject('talismasupport'))
            }

else if (cfwt == "Undergraduate Admissions"){
            issue.setAssignee(ComponentManager.instance.userUtil.getUserObject('uaosupport'))
            }

1 answer

0 votes
Michelle Larson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2015

Or can this be done with JQL?

Suggest an answer