Groovy as Jira service run on Jira data center nodes

Parashar Joshi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

Hi All,

I need to set a groovy service that would send emails to users based on a criteria.

We have a Jira Data Center setup with multiple node.

Based on my analysis of scheduling groovy scripts as a Jira service i see that the groovy service runs only one one node per schedule.

But i would want to get it vetted from any experts out there to ensure that multiple emails are not sent due to service run on multiple nodes per schedule.

Thank you in advance.

-Parashar

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2018

Hi Parashar,

Scheduled tasks may be configured to run on one or all instances in the cluster. You can refer to Developing for high availability and clustering for all the juicy bits. 

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,
Moga

Parashar Joshi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2018

Thanks @Moga.

0 votes
Parashar Joshi
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2018

Sorry for missed update. We implemented the cluster locks (months ago) in the groovy to ensure it runs once per cluster as we did not want to take any chances of service running on multiple nodes.

Thanks.

Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2018

You are welcome! Glad to know that you found the way! :)

Suggest an answer