Groovy Script Runner - run script when the mail hanlder adding a comment

Hi,

is it possible to run a script when the "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue" mail handler add a comment to an existing issue?

Thanks,

Dominik

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

You could try: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-13

I don't think I got round to integrating that code.

Failing that you could add listeners, but I don't know how to distinguish events caused by mail handlers vs standard events. You could try checking transientVars and see if there is anything in there.

it's a bit of a hack but i've been using this to see if an issue was created with the mail handler: if ( Thread.currentThread().getStackTrace().grep(~/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.mail.handlers.CreateIssueHandler.*/) ) { // created via mail handler } else { // created some other way }

Thanks, i will try https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-13

is there still a way to run a script when a comment is generally added? Regardless of where the comment is coming from ... mail handler, transition screens, ...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,789 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot