Groovy Script Runner - Action X is Invalid with scripted condition enabled on transition.

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

I have a status configured with multiple recursive transitions tied to itself.

On each transition I have a scripted condition to check whether the button needs to be displayed based on whether a custom field has been set:

!cfValues['OSP Cost']
!cfValues['Broadband/Access Cost']
!cfValues['Transport Cost']
!cfValues['S&P Cost']

If I manually set the fields through the edit screen, the buttons hide/show as expected based on the logic, but when I try to do so by clicking the transition's button, I get "Action X is Invalid".

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Keep in mind, each of the 4 transitions are recursive.

4 answers

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

Mmh, that doesn't sound like a problem with the condition. Are there any errors in the log file (catalina.out)?

0 votes
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2013

The issue happens when I click submit on the transition screen.. I get an error in a red box at the top of the transition that says "Action X is Invialid"

0 votes
Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2013

The transitions display a screen with a single number field. Once complete, they route the issue back to the same status. I'd like to fast-track the issue to the next status once all 4 of the above fields are filled in, but I haven't added that piece since this piece isn't working.

Basic configuration:

Conditions:

Script workflow function : Simple scripted condition : Checks script:
!cfValues['OSP Costs']

Post Functions:

1. Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
  2. Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
  3. Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
  4. Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
  5. Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2013

What did your transitions do? When do you get the error? If you click on the button to open the transition screen?

Suggest an answer