Groovy Runner NPE "Cannot invoke method getJqlFunction() "

Michael Stump September 1, 2013

Hi,

one of my favorite plug-ins is the Groovy Runner (Great Job Jamie!). Recently I do observe a consistent stack trace being thrown by something the Groovy Runner is doing:

2013-08-31 21:38:25,621 http-bio-8080-exec-18 ERROR michael.stump 1298x3612x9 m3xdea 108.46.157.38,127.0.0.1 /rest/gadget/1.0/favfilters [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method getJqlFunction() on null object
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.NullObject.invokeMethod(NullObject.java:77)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:45)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:42)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.NullCallSite.call(NullCallSite.java:32)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:42)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.call(PogoMetaClassSite.java:54)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:112)
at com.onresolve.jira.groovy.jql.ScriptedFunctionClauseFactory.getQuery(ScriptedFunctionClauseFactory.groovy:43)
at com.atlassian.jira.jql.query.QueryVisitor.visit(QueryVisitor.java:155)
at com.atlassian.jira.jql.query.QueryVisitor.visit(QueryVisitor.java:25)

Does anyone had similar experiences?

Thanks

Michael

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hi michael... I'm sure I know you from somewhere.

Is there any more to that stack trace? What version of script runner are you using?

The problem seems to originate somewhere in the favourite filters gadget... if there are not lots of filters, maybe you can click through them one by one and check that they all work.

If that doesn't help feel free to send me an xml backup to my gmail address.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2013

Suggest an answer