Groovy: Access To Web Page Value From Transition Validator Groovy Script

Larry Scott June 10, 2012

Is there a way to access the value on a resolve transition screen from a Validator Groovy Script? I can get the database value for the given ticket from a Groovy script, but the field is updateable on the transition web page and I need to obtain the value from that page.

1 answer

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2012

If i got it right , you want to validate a field based on value of another field on the same(resolve) screen

You should have a look at the behaviours plugin . You will have to write a server side script which will check if the other field and based on that add the validated to the required field .

You can refer the examples and misc examples

Larry Scott June 10, 2012

What I was really looking for was to prevent the user from resolving a ticket if a custom field which exists on the resolve ticket transition page is not set to a one of two specific values. Does that make sense? Another note: still running Jira 4.2.2

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2012

This is easily possible using the behaviours plugin . Have a look at this doc

Suggest an answer