It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Groovy: Access To Web Page Value From Transition Validator Groovy Script

Larry Scott Jun 10, 2012

Is there a way to access the value on a resolve transition screen from a Validator Groovy Script? I can get the database value for the given ticket from a Groovy script, but the field is updateable on the transition web page and I need to obtain the value from that page.

1 answer

0 votes
Mizan Ali Sayed Jun 10, 2012

If i got it right , you want to validate a field based on value of another field on the same(resolve) screen

You should have a look at the behaviours plugin . You will have to write a server side script which will check if the other field and based on that add the validated to the required field .

You can refer the examples and misc examples

Larry Scott Jun 10, 2012

What I was really looking for was to prevent the user from resolving a ticket if a custom field which exists on the resolve ticket transition page is not set to a one of two specific values. Does that make sense? Another note: still running Jira 4.2.2

Mizan Ali Sayed Jun 11, 2012

This is easily possible using the behaviours plugin . Have a look at this doc

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

838 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you