Grinder usage

Earl West September 25, 2012

I have been trying to get the the performance testing used by Atlassian to work on the windows based system. Is there any documentation besides the link to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/JIRA+Performance+Testing+with+Grinder which is only a description of how to run the tests.

2 answers

0 votes
sumitnagal April 12, 2013

Can anyone help, and ensure thaqt Grinder support 5.2.X Jira ??? facing same on mac machine too :-(

0 votes
Earl West October 7, 2012

I followed this procedure like 5 times already, both on windows and linux and each time these tests do not work.

When running Grinder manually in Windows:

Does grinder loop through all the tests ?

Must I manually select a test to run (each time it errors with missing agent host (properties file does have the required info)

2012/10/08 1:29:27 PM (agent): Worker process command line: java '-javaagent:C:\Development\Grinder\.\target\classes\lib\grinder-agent.jar' -classpath
'.\target\classes\lib\grinder.jar' net.grinder.engine.process.WorkerProcessEntryPoint
2012/10/08 1:29:27 PM (agent): worker sadev027-0 started
*sys-package-mgr*: can't create package cache dir, 'C:\Development\Grinder\target\classes\lib\jython.jar\cachedir\packages'
2012/10/08 1:29:28 PM (process sadev027-0): Error running worker process (host missing, please use -Dagent.jira.host=...
File "C:\Development\Grinder\target\classes\test_scripts\env.py", line 14, in ?)
2012/10/08 1:29:29 PM (agent): finished, waiting for console signal

Running under linux using the Atlassian Performance testing tool, goes nowhere as well. Each time I use the mvn clean verify .... it errors

2012/10/08 12:21:02 PM (process sadevlinux-0): Error running worker process (IndexError: index out of range: 2
File "/usr/bin/jira-performance-tests/target/classes/test_scripts/./projectlist.py", line 13, in __init__
File "/usr/bin/jira-performance-tests/target/classes/test_scripts/./interactions.py", line 38, in ?
File "./agent_issue_browser.py", line 4, in ?)
IndexError: index out of range: 2
File "/usr/bin/jira-performance-tests/target/classes/test_scripts/./projectlist.py", line 13, in __init__
File "/usr/bin/jira-performance-tests/target/classes/test_scripts/./interactions.py", line 38, in ?
File "./agent_issue_browser.py", line 4, in ?
I have tried using maven and running without.

I need someone from Atlassian to document the testing process

Suggest an answer