Greenhopper taskboard transitions: Not being asked to select new status

Tom December 6, 2012

I have a custom work flow implemented in JIRA that works as expected in JIRA. I have cutomised the GH taskboard to show 5 columns. Most columns relate to 2 or more statuses. When we move a story from column 1 to column 2 we do not get asked to select a workflow transition ("Transitioning Issue" screen) for the move even though from JIRA we have the option to select one of two statuses ("Start Progress" & "Blocked", ). The annoying thing being that it transitions the item straight in to the Blocked status which rather annoys the team.

More Bizarrely, when I implement this workflow and taskboard flow on my sandbox project, the same transition works fine (I get asked to select a target status with a "Transitioning Issue" screen). I have made the sandbox project match the problem project settings exactly but still one behaves and one does not.

We are using JIRA v4.3 and GreenHopper v5.6.8

Any help gratefully received

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom December 6, 2012

After some indepth investigation I have discovered that it was a permissions based problem. The transition from open-> "In progress" was restricted to the assigned user. When I was testing the problem in my sandbox project I was always the assigned user hence I could always make the transition as I was expecting. When I was testing on the problem project I and the problem reporter were never the assigned user for the ticket and so could not make the transition to the desired state, and so were defaulted to only make the transition to the "Blocked" status.

Therefore the fix was to edit the JIRA workflow transition to remove the "Only Assignee Condition" to allow any user to make the transition.

Thanks Chad for taking the time to provide an answer

0 votes
Chad Larkin December 6, 2012

Tom,

Make sure you check the configuration of the Agile Board for all the statuses. Check Task board mapping to make sure that all the statuses appear in the correct columns.

Suggest an answer