Greenhopper "Work" board not showing a status

Chnikki August 22, 2012

We recently upgraded to Greenhopper 6.0 (used with Jira 5.1.2). We seem to have an odd problem that could be due to our inexperience with the new boards. We created a board from a saved filter. All of the appropriate issues show up correctly if I click on "View in Issue Navigator". All of the issues show up on the "Plan" board.

Most of the issues show up on the "Work" board. However any issues with the custom status "Test on Test" does not show up, even though we have mapped a column to the status on the Work board.

Any ideas why this one status won't show up? All the other statuses show up (including other custom statuses).

3 answers

1 vote
Chnikki August 22, 2012

I hate to do this, but I'm going to close this without knowing what exactly was done to correct the issue.

My co-worker and I tried a combination of things which made the issues start showing up on the "Work" board.

I did re-index the database. We also created a Kanban preset board with the same saved filter. My co-worker tinkered with the filter, so maybe there was something misconfigured with the filter/columns. Just don't know for sure.

Anyone else with this problem, try David's suggestions above. I'll give him the credit for the answer.

1 vote
David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

what happens when you view an issue with the mentioed status on the view issue screen) and you have a lookon the "agile" section (below "people" and "dates") of that issue? Is there still a link to the board?

Another Idea would be to check if a reindex of the JIRA database is needed. In order to do this just log into the administration page on jira an have a look if there is a big banner at the top prompting you to re-index.

0 votes
Chnikki August 22, 2012

I do see a link to the board. When I click on the link, it opens the "Work" board, but it's not displaying the issue in the swimlanes.

I'm signed in as the admin...in Administration and don't see the infomration box prompting to reindex. I'll try a reindex of the database anyway. We are using the the "Scrum" preset board. We might try the "Kanban" preset board to see if it shows up there.

Suggest an answer