Greenhopper does not honor date format set in Jira

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

Am I missing something? I have the date/time formats set as desired in the 'look and feel' section under 'user interface' in JIRA to display the date like this (MMM dd, yyyy). But, in Greenhopper (under Report >> Burn Down Report, for instance), it displays the date in dd/mm/yyyy format.

I see in the docs this page that provides a configuration value for the date/time formats as well. However, as a Jira Sys Admin, I don't see this page anywhere. I know the organization/layout was changed recently for the admin pages, but I still can't find it. Is it deprecated? And even if I do locate it, is this value what GH uses?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Configuring+JIRA+Options#ConfiguringJIRAOptions-ConfiguringAdvancedSettings

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2013

Hello,

If you're using OnDemand, you don't have access to the Advanced Configuration settings as these are restricted to the sysadmin role and that is a reserved for Atlassian Support in OnDemand instances. Greenhopper is using it's own date format that does not respect those set in JIRA configuration, and there is a related bug report. If you check out that bug you can watch it to stay up to date on the progress as well as vote/comment on it (you just have to create an account at jira.atlassian.com if you have not already).

Thanks,

-dave

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

Can you check if changing the format in the Advanced configuration in JIRA helps?

EDIT: Ah no, you are on OnDemand.

Suggest an answer