Greenhopper does not honor date format set in Jira

Am I missing something? I have the date/time formats set as desired in the 'look and feel' section under 'user interface' in JIRA to display the date like this (MMM dd, yyyy). But, in Greenhopper (under Report >> Burn Down Report, for instance), it displays the date in dd/mm/yyyy format.

I see in the docs this page that provides a configuration value for the date/time formats as well. However, as a Jira Sys Admin, I don't see this page anywhere. I know the organization/layout was changed recently for the admin pages, but I still can't find it. Is it deprecated? And even if I do locate it, is this value what GH uses?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Configuring+JIRA+Options#ConfiguringJIRAOptions-ConfiguringAdvancedSettings

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Hello,

If you're using OnDemand, you don't have access to the Advanced Configuration settings as these are restricted to the sysadmin role and that is a reserved for Atlassian Support in OnDemand instances. Greenhopper is using it's own date format that does not respect those set in JIRA configuration, and there is a related bug report. If you check out that bug you can watch it to stay up to date on the progress as well as vote/comment on it (you just have to create an account at jira.atlassian.com if you have not already).

Thanks,

-dave

Can you check if changing the format in the Advanced configuration in JIRA helps?

EDIT: Ah no, you are on OnDemand.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

416 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you