Greenhopper board change card size

Jeff Storey June 6, 2013

I'm using the JIRA 6 greenhopper boards (kanban/scrum). Is it possible to change the cards to show in a more compact view (like you used to be able to do on the old task boards) so I can fit more on the screen at once?

6 answers

1 vote
Brann February 16, 2014

I really miss that as well. Cards seemed to be configures to display 4 lines no matter what (one with the issue number and 3 with the issue title).

When most of your issues titles take only one line on the screen, having to scroll to see more issues while half of your screen is blank is pretty annoying :(

1 vote
Miguel Angel Hernández January 28, 2014

I agree with Jeff. A compact card view like old ones would be very useful...

0 votes
Miguel Angel Hernández March 16, 2014

A little trick is to reduce the zoom in order to see more cards in the board without scroll. But is a poor solution....

0 votes
Tim Shephard June 25, 2013

Yes, I really miss that. Little stunned that you can't do this anymore.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013

The new boards supports only the list view and you can hide the detailed view if you want to just see the complete list. And AFAIK, the list view is the one which can hold the maximum amount. No other view even in the old one (Classic) can hold more issues in the given screen space.

Jeff Storey June 6, 2013

Thanks, Renjith. Do you know if there are plans to support compact card views on the board (so I could see multiple columns of cards per workflow column)? I'm trying to get a higher level view of the board just to see easiliy how many issues of each type are in each column. I know they have the counts at the top, but it was nice having the compact cards in the class board.

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2013

Hey Jeff if I'm not mistaken, it is possible to add more fields into the issue detail view of the board(which shown on the right hand side when you click on the issue of in the board). If that's not what you looking for, perhaps you can further elaborate?

Jeff Storey June 6, 2013

Teck, thanks for the answer. I have added some details in my comment to Renjith as to what I am trying to do...

Suggest an answer