Greenhopper and Bonfire - Why they do not show as User installed plugins

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2013

Hi

I am looking at administration->plugins

Why I do not see Greenhopper and BonFire under user installed plugins. But I see Agile tab and kanban boards.

I thought these are user installed (although from Atlassian) and so should showup under user installed plugins.

Please let me know

Thanks

Abe

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2013

They do. Which version of JIRA? Do they appear above, under plugins which have an update available?

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2013

Thanks Jobin.

I am trying to make a test version of my production system.

JIRA 5.1.6 is the version.

Under plugins I have Greenhopper, Bonfire etc available for update.

I installed JIRA, then I copied plugin jars of Greenhopper and Bonfire from other system into installed-plugins directory of my test system and resatarted JIRA. After that I did restore of data from my production into test, progress bar showed up fine till 51% and then the page went blank.

Logs also showed till 51% only

2013-01-26 15:02:32,818 JiraImportTaskExecutionThread-1 INFO admin 901x1355x1 1gkl3mz 127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/XmlRestore.jspa [jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService] Importing data is 51% complete...
2013-01-26 15:10:13,668 http-8080-2 ERROR [500ErrorPage.jsp] Exception caught in 500 page User <admin> does not exist
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.UserNotFoundException: User <admin> does not exist
at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.setUserAttribute(CrowdServiceImpl.java:384)

I tried to log backin and could not ...

Any ideas ( should I reinstall whole thing)

Thanks

Abe

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2013

Looks like you are missing some users. I suggest you follow this instead of installing new JIRa and importing it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Establishing+Staging+Server+Environments+for+JIRA

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2013

I just reinstalled jira, did import and systems started fine.

I just have xml backup with me so had to go this route. Thanks a lot for the link it is very useful.

Suggest an answer