GreenHopper - gh.epic.link.name - Possible to change the label to a friendly name?

Gregory Demotchkine August 11, 2013

When I assign issues to epics, the parent Epic shows the child issues nicely. That's great!

But what about the reverse flow ? If I am on the child issue, I want to see to what parent Epic it points to.. So I enabled the gh.epic.link.name to show up on the view page. Works perfectly. The only problem is that the label itself "gh.epic.link.name:" is rather ugly looking.

Can't we display something friendlier? This field is locked, so I cannot translate it.

Anyway I'm surpised that this very common use field /usage scenario does not present a friendlier usage solution.

Maybe this quesiton should become an issue ?

1 answer

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2013

Hi Gregory,

It seems that you have ran into a known issue in Greenhopper:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9193

As a workaround, you can *unlock* the GH custom fields and rename it to a suitable name. You can refer to the bug ticket above for the detail steps on renaming the custom fields.

Cheers,

Gregory Demotchkine September 24, 2013

Is this issue going be fixed ? why does it happen ?

I read the link you have sent, it's frightening and this just should not be MY headache. :)

A paid addin which cannot display properly it's own MAJOR custom fields - disgusting:!

1) makes this look totally unprofessional when show this to my higherups

2) I worry if I implement this fix that this will end breaking something else now or in later evolutions in JIRA / JiraAgile

After all if I am modifying these fields for friendly names, this does not touch the db schema ? So ok, I'll have to rework some filters, but will JiraAgile know what fields to call ?

Suggest an answer